Premier Yurt Adventure – Mushing Solo
Premier Yurt Adventure
Drive Your Own Dog Sled Team
Premier Yurt Adventure
- 3 days dog sledding
- Premier style – you drive your own team the entire trip
- 2 nights at our remote backcountry yurt
- First and last night lodge stay
- Explore over 60 miles of the Superior National Forest by dog team
- Physically active and adventurous trip
- Suitable for novices and returning mushers alike
This is our most popular solo sled dog adventure! Combine the comfort of yurt camping with three exhilarating days of learning to drive your own sled dog team.
The cozy, inviting yurt is nestled in a remote bay on August Lake, Superior National Forest, Minnesota
Spend three full days immersed in the mushing world with a team of enthusiastic and loveable huskies. In addition to two nights at our secluded lakeside yurt, enjoy a relaxing lodge on both the first and last night. You will learn to drive a sled dog team as we explore our extensive forest and lake trail system en route to the yurt.
From there, we can access the Gabbro Lakes area of the Boundary Waters Wilderness, and beyond. This trip showcases dog sled trails that will inspire and challenge both the armchair adventurer and the adrenaline enthusiast.
Alaskan Huskies love to run! Expect 20-25 miles of fun and adventure each day on the trail.
Advance Your Mushing Skills
Our cozy heated yurt is a quiet place to relax for the evening and a great way to spend more time with the dogs. Walk out on the lake after dark and soak in the night sky in all its glory. On a clear night, the combination of no light pollution and lower winter humidity levels insure that the stars are unforgettable. Some lucky late night sky watchers might even be treated to the spectacular northern lights.
Your first and last night at a relaxing lodge as well as all meals, are included.
||Nights / Days
|$1,695/person Group Rates: for 4 or more on solo sled trips, take 15% off per person.
||$140 / Person
||4 / 3
Custom Dates Available–Please Contact Us
- Group welcome dinner and trip orientation.
- Following breakfast, arrive at the kennel and meet your canine traveling companions. We’ll teach you the essentials of driving a sled, harnessing dogs and then be off on a day trip. Novices and veterans alike will gain confidence throughout the day. Travel to the yurt camp, with a stop for a hot lunch along the way.
- Travel day and return to the yurt.
- Travel day and return to the kennel. Spend the night in the lodge.
- Breakfast and depart.
|Group size: 3-6 guests with 1-2 guides. Minimum age 16 on public trip and 12 on private.