Yurt Escape—30% OFF Select March Trips
- 1 ½ Days Mushing
- 1 night stay at our cozy lakeside yurt
- Traditional Style (share driving and riding with one other person)
- Solos Sled trips available on request
- Explore forest trails and frozen lakes by dog team
- A short active getaway, ideal for those within a 6 hr drive of Ely, MN
- Designed for novices – a great trip for families, couples and all ages
A Great Way to Experience Yurt Camping
Experience the thrill of dog sledding on this day-and-a-half getaway. This short Yurt Escape trip gives you a taste of what we have to offer and is designed to give you flexibility in your travel. Stay in Duluth (1.5hr), Two Harbors (1 hr), Isabella (20 minutes) or Ely (45 minutes) the night before your trip.
Start your trip by meeting your guides in the morning to learn the essentials of driving a dog team. Load a small overnight bag in the sled and we’re off! Explore stunning forest trails and lakes en route to our backcountry yurt, tucked away on a pristine lake. Savor a hot lunch over a crackling fire, hearty home cooked meals at the yurt, and the solace of winter from our cozy lakeside location. The next day explore more trails, returning to the kennel by noon. Return home refreshed in a way that only a wilderness adventure can provide.
||Nights / Days
|$695/person, Shared Sleds
$845/person, Solo Sleds (arranged by request) Group Rates: for 4 or more on solo sled trips or for 6 or more on shared sled trips, take 15% off per person.
|1 / 1.5
||Great Snow March Trips
- March 10-11
- March 15-16
- March 16-17
- March 22-23
Shared Sled Trips: Custom Dates for both Shared and Solo Trips are Available.
- Arrive at the kennel around 9 AM and meet your traveling companions. We’ll teach you the essentials of driving a sled and harnessing dogs, and then we are off on a day trip. Enjoy an evening at our cozy yurt camp.
- Return to the kennel by lunch time.
|Maximum group size: 7 guests with 1-2 guides. Minimum age 8.